Tuesday, May 17, 2011

they're big!

I agree with Paul that it's been fascinating to watch--I didn't learn about the hawks last year until later in May so to watch the chicks grow this fast is really something.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you talented photographers who are so generously sharing your pictures of our favorite family with the rest of us. You probably have no idea what a treat it is to be able to look at them whenever we want to or to show them to people who have never seen a hawk in such detail.

I am there early every morning mainly to observe Ruby and Buzz and get a sense of their routine and how they're doing. A couple of other people are often there also and they like to watch the chicks, however lately I'm too nervous about them falling out of the nest to watch them very much! They're big! So I don't get to see many people out there but hopefully soon I'll also be able to be there in the evenings and will see more of you then.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment